Sunday, March 24, 2019

Of Mice and Men :: essays research papers

In the book, Of Mice and Men, a duo of friends tries to reach their utopia but their reverie is shattered by a mans weak mind. Throughout the book, Lennie and George stick by each other through hard times and harsh characters. When Lennie was pursue by a gang of angry people, George did the only thing he knew possible to help Lennie escape from these people. When George shot Lennie, at first I thought that he was being unreasonable. Lennie couldve gone to an asylum or a shelter, but he didnt need to be despatched. However, by killing Lennie, George salve him from the horrible death by the mob and perhaps more from the humans of their unreachable utopia. I dont know if I could do the same to exploit to help a weak friend. If someone dear to me even asked me to kill them to relieve them from something, I still dont think I could do it. scarce George showed a kind of courage by saving Lennie. He allow Lennie go to the only reachable utopia he knew that Lennie could possibly att ain heaven. I was also very sad when dulcorates dreams were shattered. Even Crooks, the old black man, had a part in this dream of the perfect ranch, but because of one adulterous, sexy woman, his hopes of making something better of himself flew away. I hate it when something that would do so untold good is not possible. If Candy, George, Lennie, and Crooks ever actually got this utopian ranch, it would confuse Lennie happy, Candy content, and would give Crooks something to do other than mope. But because Lennies feeble mind caused him to make mistakes, this dream was destroyed. I pity every single person in this book, even thought the setting was not horrible. What makes the book so mourning was that the characters could do so much more with themselves if they just tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment